[c-nsp] Cisco Catalyst 3750 IPv6 BGP Support

Elmar K. Bins elmi at 4ever.de
Tue Oct 19 03:27:39 EDT 2010

Re Phil, Terry,

p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk (Phil Mayers) wrote:

> We have 3750Gs running IPv6 BGP. This was covered in the archives a while back (I'm
> a bit short on time now or I'd expand on it). You need later software (we're on
> 12.2(52)SE)

You will need Advanced IP Services, and BGP/v6 started showing up - against
Cisco's explicit denial that it would ever be! - in 12.2.50(SE)2 or (SE)3.

Don't forget to set your sdm profile correctly, or the system will not start
IPv6 routing processes: "sdm prefer dual-ipv4-and-ipv6 routing"

Beware of the limited number of routes/prefixes.

Elmar.