[c-nsp] HWIC-4ESW and Pseudo-WIRE L2TPV3

Rob Taylor robetayl at cisco.com
Wed Oct 20 08:26:09 EDT 2010

Jean-Dominique,

Using HWIC on an ISR, you can configured xconnect on an SVI (not on
physical port), but that xconnect will not allow BPDUs to pass over the
l2tpv3 tunnel.
This requires latest 12.4T code (tested on 12.4(24)T3).

Its a known limitation on the HWIC, and development does not have
current plans to fix it do to the other implications for the hwic module.

So, use dedicated L3 ports for l2tpv3 if you need bpdus to pass.

Rob