[c-nsp] help firm are and firewall questions

Ryan West rwest at zyedge.com
Wed Oct 20 08:45:25 EDT 2010

Deric,

A distributor?

>2/ How can I check the firm ware/serial no. in cisco site to know that it is BUN K9 or this is SEC BUN K9?

No real way to tell, unless you can get a packing slip from when it was ordered.  The difference between a ASA5510-BUN-K9 and ASA5510-SEC-BUN-K9 is that it's bundled with ASA5510-SEC-PL, the security plus license, allowing for 2 GE interfaces, more sessions, and HA.

>3/ Can I know in Cli that this is ASA5510- BUN-K9 or this is ASA5510-SEC- BUN-K9

Yes, show ver | i license

This platform has a Base license <- no security plus license
This platform has an ASA 5510 Security Plus license <- security plus

>I only see there are 5 FE only but can't see 2GE 3FE in the box.

License upgrade.

-ryan