[c-nsp] SLA tracking, what do you ping?

Jay Nakamura zeusdadog at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 12:21:37 EDT 2010

So, I know people use big web sites or DNS servers for ping target but
I don't think it's best because of two reasons, first, it seems
unethical to use someone's resource that has nothing to do with the
service they are providing.  And second, those sites could one day
just decide not to respond to ping.

I think we are going to set aside some IPs on our network and
configure hosts to ping for those routers.

Thanks all for the suggestions!