[c-nsp] L2 Long Haul/Transport switch recommendation

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Thu Oct 21 13:33:57 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a recommendation for a switch to use for L2 transport between two locations.

Essentially I will have 4-5 1G ports and they will be carried over a 10G connection using VLANs.

My main problem is that in the future I will need more 10G ports and most of the 'fixed configuration' switches only come with 2x 10G ports.

So far I am looking at the 4900M and the WS-C3560E-12D-S.

Does have any recommendations for something I am overlooking?

thanks,
-Drew