[c-nsp] OSPF design

danger will myniuid at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 23 12:58:17 EDT 2010

First of all most of the mpls providers dont even support ospf as routing protocol between the CE and the PE (and the CE most of the times is managed by the ISP too contrary to the popular belief) . The reason why is very debatable and there are good arguments on both sides both the ISP and customer but wont get into them.
You probably could run ospf between your router and the CE but you will have issues with the backup. if you dont have any backup then its fine.
I have also given this a lot of thought and the answer is just run bgp thats the only real solution at the moment.

O.