[c-nsp] OSPF design (danger will)

Christopher J. Wargaski wargo1 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 15:03:42 EDT 2010

While conventional routing practices say to run the link state routing
protocol internally, and to use the path vector protocol (i.e. BGP)
externally, I agree with Danger Will. It is quite a pain to run OSPF
and BGP simultaneously, especially when you have redistribution to
employ and administrative distances to play with for secondary paths.

IMHO, run BGP (iBGP + eBGP) end to end and life will be much simpler.

cjw