[c-nsp] OSPF design (danger will)

Christopher J. Wargaski wargo1 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 22:33:14 EDT 2010

> Just running BGP with no IGP sounds... painful.

> Full mesh doesn't scale, and route reflectors just don't work if you have no routes to the loopbacks...

OK, mea culpa; I missed the first message in the thread. One of the
networks that I manage is fairly small with MPLS to the 6 remote
locations. The provider (PaeTec) runs BGP to the CPE. Soon, a third
party providing us real-time data feeds to two of our larger hub sites
is moving to an MPLS cloud and we will have BGP there as well. It just
doesn't make sense to run OSPF when all of the links to the remote
locations will be running BGP.

cjw