[c-nsp] Preventing host with lower ip to become IGMP querier

Roman A. Nozdrin drrtuy at ya.ru
Mon Oct 25 14:51:24 EDT 2010

Dear Pavel,

> I have some strange situation (not that I really understand how it
> works), but I want to prevent device connected to a port to become
> IGMP querier because
> it has a lower ip address. I have also made sure to configure profile
> in order to prevent it for receiving (joining) any multicast groups
> but all mcast traffic goes to this
> port also. I don't have management on that device.

It seems that Cisco switches lack of the forbidden mrouter interface
command.

> Thanks in advance for any help/tips

You can try access-list at an interface which rejects "all hosts"
destination traffic.
There is also a tricky way. You can switch mrouter learning mode at the
switch to CGMP and put some particular interfaces into a static mrouter
mode. I'm sure CPE doesn't use CGMP.