[c-nsp] Assurared BW to customer

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Tue Oct 26 07:41:34 EDT 2010

An STM is simply a group of time slots over the existing physical path.  It
would be pretty strange for an STM to go down without the entire circuit
going down.  Less strange would be misconfiguration, but that has all the
standard hooks.  If you own the layer-1 equipment then change control
policies would help with this.  I'm personally not aware of a way to monitor
capacity from within the circuit without testing and trying to use all the
available bandwidth, which would defeat the purpose.