[c-nsp] Preventing host with lower ip to become IGMP querier

Pavel Dimow paveldimow at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 10:22:59 EDT 2010

Hi Phil,

my understanding is that when not using PIM (because this is a single
switch and beside that have SMI software without PIM support) the
switch will become querier. Which is fine, but as soon as it hears PIM
hello message
on any interface it will "designate" that interface as the one where
is connected multicast router and will immediately
forward all streams to that port, which in my case is not desired
action. I tried to filter all pim messages with ACL but
I think thats irrelevant as IGMP snooping comes into the play well before ACL.

Am I right? :)