[c-nsp] FWSM config-change timestamp

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Tue Oct 26 13:19:16 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-25 at 20:02 -0700, Randy wrote:
> fwsm - ver 3.2(5) in cat 6509-E(12.2 SXI)
>
> The last-config-change timestamp in the running-copy of the config
> reflects the current-time in the following cases:
>
> 1) more system:running-config
> 2) copy running-config to a remote server and open via regular text
> editor.
[...]
> Wondering if anyone has seen this behavior and knows of a workaround
> short-of-an-upgrade.

Not using RANCID, but we take the output from "show version", which
gives you a "Configuration last modified by ..." string including a
timestamp. We're on 3.1, but I imagine it works the same in 3.2.

The script that checks for differences excludes a lot of irrelevant or
transient things and only send mails (and posts to our Bugzilla) when a
real change happens.

I'm not sure how this would help though; I don't use RANCID.

--
Peter