[c-nsp] Assurared BW to customer

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Oct 27 01:13:40 EDT 2010

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010, jack daniels wrote:

> MAP GE to 4 STM1  --
>
> STM1 form (PROVIDER A)
> STM1 form (PROVIDER A)
> STM1 form (PROVIDER B)
> STM1 form (PROVIDER B)
>
> This is done for redundancy ...In case  Providers ( A ) go down then
> we have only 155*2 BW left.(CONGESTION)

One way might be to turn these into 2x1GE with each GE mapped to one
provider, and then do LACP over these and require both to be up.

But then again, you lose the "redundancy" you're talking about anyway, but
my opinion is that you're doing things seriously wrong anyway. The above
is just broken and can't be fixed cleanly.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se