[c-nsp] Are these DWDM optics compatible?

Steven Raymond sraymond at bluehost.com
Wed Oct 27 14:19:30 EDT 2010

Ordered part number DWDM-X2-35.82 , and received part labeled DWDM-X2-35.92 (non-Cisco branded X2 optics).  Vendor says oh they are close enough to work, there's a .2nm working range for ITU channel 52 signaling.  In fact they claim that DWDM-X2-35.82 is the very same part, just with a different (or in this case typoed) label on it.  Does anyone have experience to confirm or reject the vendor's claim?

Looking here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps5455/ps6576/data_sheet_c78_489725.html
I can almost buy their argument, and google perhaps confirms by returning  "No results found for "DWDM-X2-35.92"."  Makes me wonder if all these parts are simply the same hardware, and upon ordering they simply tune the frequency into an eprom for whatever was ordered, apply a label and ship it out?

Thanks!