[c-nsp] BGP support on the new ASA5585-X

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Fri Oct 29 20:26:24 EDT 2010

On 29/10/2010 23:21, Dean Smith wrote:
>> I'm sure it doesn't.  Routers are routers, firewalls are firewalls.
>
> So very narrow minded.

oh all right.  I just don't like the idea, that's all. I put this dislike
down to excessive exposure to Checkpoint FW-1 + ospf in a previous
existence.  It still makes me shudder to think about it.

But I do admit that routing on firewalls is useful from time to time.
Possibly even often.

> "low" security interfaces. We too have had to go transparent for this reason
> alone in many places but its not always possible.

meh, yeah, transparent is somewhat icky.

> (Oh and when will we get
> an HTTPS inspect on ASA/FWSM!)

When Cisco finally manages to implement line-rate SSL decryption? :-)

Nick