[c-nsp] BGP support on the new ASA5585-X

Mack O'Brian mackobrian40 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 02:08:13 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Chris Evans <chrisccnpspam2 at gmail.com>wrote:

> If you have to have cisco you could use an asr1k.  They support line rate
> stateful firewalling and all routing protocols that you could think of.

After reading your comment on asr1k, I started reading and here is what
Cisco marketing says; how good asr1k be in reality for fw is something
different:

"Up to 20 Gbps of Zone Based Firewall, Deep Packet Inspection, in-box
stateful firewall failover for nonstop services, all firewall processing
done in Cisco Quantum Flow Processor, Integrated threat control to prevent
and defend against attacks."

Mack