[c-nsp] 4500 Inconsistent Line Cards

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Sat Oct 30 19:58:22 EDT 2010

On 2010-10-31 01:31, Jason Leblanc wrote:
> Are there any issues with mixed blades WC-4548&  WC-4648 running on the same
> 4500E-R chassis?  It looks like there is an oversubscription difference of
> 8:1 vs. 2:1 but I assume thats local only to the blades.  I have a client
> that has this setup currently and is looking to purchase another chassis for
> redundancy and configure it the same way.

4500 is centralized architecture, all intelligence is on the active
Sup. As the Sups support clocking the LCs with their own speed,
there's no issue and it is supported.

If it's just for connectivity, it's OK, mind you there's a bandwidth
difference - 6Gbit/s FD for "classic" cards, 24Gbit/s for Sup6E cards
and 48Gbit/s for the new LCs and Sup7E.

--
"Everything will be okay in the end.  |                 Łukasz Bromirski
  If it's not okay, it's not the end." |      http://lukasz.bromirski.net