[c-nsp] Question about manually configuring 1000/Full on Cisco switches

Christopher.Marget at usc-bt.com Christopher.Marget at usc-bt.com
Sun Oct 31 20:18:46 EDT 2010

"speed 1000" on a copper port capable of 10/100/1000 disables 10 and 100 Mb/s operation by removing those modes from the list of those advertised to the link partner.

This may be useful if you would prefer a cable failure on pins 4, 5, 7 or 8 to drop the link and keep it down, rather than renegotiating it at 100 Mb/s.

N-way still runs.

/chris