[c-nsp] Cisco Routers: Performance benchmark

Mack McBride mack.mcbride at viawest.com
Thu Sep 2 04:01:26 EDT 2010

Reality is a network should be designed for the worst case you will have to deal with not the average case.
This is often a business decision versus an engineering decision.
Ie. 95th percentile vs 99th percentile.
Or you don't run a controversial web site so you don't need to worry as much about syn attacks.
You can't design for average or your network will be overloaded 50% of the time.

Mack McBride
Network Architect