[c-nsp] Radius and choosing ip-local pool on 7600, PPP termination

Per Carlson pelle at hemmop.com
Fri Sep 3 03:54:10 EDT 2010

> I can see in the tcpdump output from the server that it's sending
> 'Cisco-AVPair' to set the ip pool, and even the debug shows it, but no clue
> as to why it's not using it.

You have to tell the 7600 which VRF to use as well. We don't have any
7600/ES+ combos, but this works fine on a 7200. With some luck and
tail-wind, it might as well work on the 7600.

Config on 7200:

aaa group server radius USERS
 server-private <ip> auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813 key <key>
!
ip vrf A
 rd 1:1
 route-target export 1:1
 route-target import 1:1
!
interface Loopback1
 ip vrf forwarding A
 ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.255
!
interface Virtual-Template1
 ppp authentication pap USERS
 ppp authorization USERS
!
ip local pool poolA 10.1.10.1 10.1.10.254
ip route vrf A 10.1.10.0 255.255.255.0 Null0

To get the user into VRF A, set local interface Lo1 and assign an
IP-address from poolA, we send the following VSAs:

Cisco-AVpair ip:vrf-id=A
Cisco-AVpair ip:addr-pool=poolA
Cisco-AVpair ip:ip-unnumbered=Lo1

You need the "aaa authorization" statement in the Virtual-Template to
make the RADIUS supplied VSAs to override any configured defaults.

--
Pelle

RFC1925, truth 11:
 Every old idea will be proposed again with a different name and
 a different presentation, regardless of whether it works.