[c-nsp] C65K: Any significant correlation between import filter route-map complexity and BGP Router process utilization?

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Sat Sep 4 22:11:43 EDT 2010

I understand turbo ACLs.  I was saying that the enhancements only apply to
packet manipulations not routing protocols.  I'm not sure if it is causing
the issues that started this thread, but the only way to optimize route
filters is to use prefix lists to match the routes.  For example all the
items in the link you sent pertain to packet filtering, QOS or natting.
 Correct me if I'm wrong but, I don't believe the improvements in ACL
processing applied to those used for route filters.