[c-nsp] ASIC to switch port mapping

Vincent Aniello vincent.aniello at pipelinefinancial.com
Fri Sep 10 13:18:19 EDT 2010

I was hoping there was an easier way.  J

I am trying to solve a output drops on switch ports on which bandwidth
utilization does not seem to exceed the port speed.  Seems like the
drops are due to the buffers filling up and dropping frames.  I am under
the impression that each ASIC has their own buffer and if the buffer
fills on a particular ASIC all ports that share that ASIC will also drop
frames.  If I know the switch interfaces associated with each ASIC I can
redistribute the connections on the switch to better balance the load.

Thanks.

--Vincent