[c-nsp] ASIC to switch port mapping

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Fri Sep 10 16:10:54 EDT 2010

On 10/09/2010 18:40, Vincent Aniello wrote:
> Unless there is only a single ASIC in a 3560E switch I do not believe
> this command returns the ASICs associated with each port.  Here is the
> output on my switch:

oh, 3650. hmmm.

Unfortunately, these switches have very small buffers indeed.  If you
microburst above what their buffers can handle, then yes - you will drop
packets.

I'd suggest that you check your outbound port usage.  If there are any
ports which are consistently or inconsistently high, or if you're seeing
any ports with buffer drops, that you upgrade those connections.
Alternatively, get a switch with larger per-port buffers.

Nick