[c-nsp] QoS on ingress

danger will myniuid at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 11 09:29:10 EDT 2010

I totally agree with Keegan queuing has to be done where the congestion actually occurs.
Even if you would queue on the lan interface on output , because you can't queue on the wan interface on input that doesn't  have much effect because the congestion has already occured a few hops away from you. I did some tests like this and the priority traffic didn't seem to get prioritized at least this is the conclusion i came up with.
The links were mpls links and i was trying to prioritize voip traffic from another site. Do you guys have positive experiences with this method ?