[c-nsp] Feedback on upcoming removal of FTP access to secured software

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Tue Sep 14 16:13:35 EDT 2010

On 14/09/2010 14:36, David Freedman wrote:
> As much as I disagree with the decision, I can understand that they may
> have a complex set of processes and audit requirements behind this (the
> site), i.e having users click "I Agree" before every download (and not
> making this implicit through downloading which I find odd)

It's also looks like Cisco may be vaguely moving in the direction of
locking CCO accounts down to be able to access only software downloads for
which there are active smartnet contracts.  Unless functional PICA or
something similar is revived, then this is going to severely bias me
against buying Cisco kit in future (not because all my kit isn't under
support - it is, but through a local partner).

This facility is one of the things that makes Cisco a better company to
deal with than other high end networking vendors.

Nick