[c-nsp] Conditional advertise-map

Richard Mikisa rmikisa at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 04:08:22 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I have a scenario where I have two upstreams ASN5511 and ASN36997.
Both do send me a default route and I choose ASN5511 as the best path.
All my outbound traffic is via ASN5511 and the return is distributed
between the two. What I want however is to use an advertise map so I
ONLY advertise my prefixes to ASN5511 so I only use his link but
fail-over to advertising my prefixes to ASN36997 in the event ASN5511
fails.

I have created the the two route-maps to be matched NO_DEFAULT_FT and
AS_LIST and configured as below.

## access list below is to avoid me feeding back to my up-streams
the routes learned from other up-streams. That way I only advertise
to the up-streams only prefixes from me and my down-streams.

ip as-path access-list 10 deny ^5511_
ip as-path access-list 10 deny ^12455_
ip as-path access-list 10 deny ^36997_
ip as-path access-list 10 permit .*
!!
## Match against filter below. If anything from ASN5511 is available,

ip as-path access-list 20 permit ^5511_
!!

route-map NO_DEFAULT_FT permit 10
match as-path 20
!!
route-map AS_LIST permit 10
match as-path 10
!!
neighbor 41.222.1.33 advertise-map AS_LIST non-exist-map NO_DEFAULT_FT

Any ideas why it doesn't work.

PS. Am working on drawing :)

--
cheers