[c-nsp] Conditional advertise-map

Heath Jones hj1980 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 10:38:17 EDT 2010

Richard,
Is the arrangement that 36997 will provide a backup service for you, so its
a last resort to pull traffic through them? If that is the case, have you
tried prepending your advertisments towards 36997?
Also, I can see from global bgp they are not peering with eachother so its
not a situation where communities could help. The other solution is to
advertise a supernet to 36997 and break this in half and advertise both
subnets to 5511 (assuming you have a decent sized prefix >/24).

Perhaps you have already tried these solutions, or don't want to head that
way, i'm not sure :)

I'll check this one out actually (your advertise map) - its a good situation
to lab up and try!
If you are having problems because of the access lists trying to prevent
re-advertisment of routes, you could tag them when they come in instead (add
community), and filter them out on egress...

Hope this helps.