[c-nsp] Multihoming

Heath Jones hj1980 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 11:30:14 EDT 2010

Jon there seems to be a bit of a common belief that advertising a /24 or
some prefix that has been assigned by a provider, out to another provider,
is bad practise. I don't get it either and haven't seen issues myself.

The only scenario I can think of is (in some odd configurations) when the
original provider sees part of their own network being advertised by another
ISP, they filter it and it breaks connectivity, or the original provider's
igp contains that prefix somehow already.. ?