[c-nsp] Multihoming

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Wed Sep 15 13:34:47 EDT 2010

How would you advertise the blocks?  If your upstreams will accept the
blocks chances are so will theirs.  Also, you would have to have enough
bandwidth to match whatever the original providers give them.  So you would
either give it away for free or charge them twice for the same connection to
make a profit.  It would be good for people who are willing to pay extra and
incur additional hops/latency to avoid using bgp.  The latency and
performance would also become an issue if it were to scale.  There are alot
of platforms that do IPSEC and/or GRE in software so you'd have to be
careful what hardware you bought as well.