[c-nsp] Cisco 3750 BGP fail

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 14:53:28 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 12:39 PM, Chris Lane <clane1875 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am running c3750-advipservicesk9-mz.122-35.SE2 on a 3750 TS, i have a few
> bgp neighbors running. Bringing a new customer session online getting this
> error:
>
> BGP:x.x.x.x open failed: Connection timed out; remote host not responding,
> open active delayed 27729ms (35000ms max, 28% jitter).
>
> I have verified the bridge to customer is clean ~ no packet loss or high
> latency via ICMP. We have verified no ACLs,
> and is straight forward set up.
>
> I searched google already and see many of the same issues. My customer sent
> me his config and the setup is simple ~ neighbor x.x.x.x remote-as MYAS
>              neighbor x.x.x.x update-source INTERFACE
>
> trying to keep it simple for now...
>
> Regards,
> --
> //CL

Silly question, but I have to ask. Did you ping their remote side of
the link as well as the interface they're using as their update
source, or did you just ping their side of the link? I'm wondering if
you have routing in place so that your side can reach the interface
they're using as their update source.

John