[c-nsp] BGP Peering with new client for vrf's

John Elliot johnelliot67 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 16 18:08:17 EDT 2010

Hi,

We have an existing network (4 POPS all 7200s) that run MPLS/iBGP and eBGP to IP transit providers - We have a new client that wants to peer with us so that we can provision a large number of vrf's.

Our existing 7200's peering is all utilising our own AS - What is the preferred(i.e. Most "secure") way to peer with this new client so that they only have visibility into there own vrf's?

Would we setup a "private" AS with this client(with router bgp 64512 for example on each of our 7200's)?

Thanks in advance.