[c-nsp] netflow tools

Jeff Wojciechowski Jeff.Wojciechowski at midlandpaper.com
Mon Sep 20 08:38:55 EDT 2010

I give Scrutinizer 5 stars!! We have ours running in a windows VM and are keeping 1 month worth of 1 minute data across our network and I can't believe how many minor configuration issues I have found just by looking at 'normal' traffic and then at some point in the future seeing something that doesn't look right.

Couple things I wish it would do:

1)  is to be able to send email alerts directly based on various alarms (instead of just generating a syslog now). I have been working with the folks at Plixer on the 8 beta (actually installing 8.0.0 RC 1 right now) and they say that this feature will be in one of the next releases.
2) have traffic analysis such as find high point of traffic on specific interface in past X days and I am told something like this is coming down the pike too.

Thanks,

-Jeff