[c-nsp] Weird Traceroute Issue to Specific Destination

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Tue Sep 21 11:37:41 EDT 2010

Thank you - the customer is reporting that they cannot reach a particular
remote website.  The closest visibility we have is the 7206VXR and 6500
physically in the same town - in that town we also have access to a customer
network.  On that customer network (fiber fed) they are unable to reach this
website neither.

That location connects back to our location where we can always reach this
website.  I have checked each hop along the way and cannot find any null
routes etc that would be blocking this traffic.

So my question is really to confirm - even if the remote site that is
unreachable was going something "funky" I should still see a full traceroute
at least across the igp correct?

With that in mind, I'm puzzled . maybe it's simply a matter of "sit back and
take a good long look" as Gert just suggested ;)

Thanks folks .

Paul