[c-nsp] Embeded Packet Capture for DHCP Troubleshooting

Heath Jones hj1980 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 11:52:16 EDT 2010

Is the switch in the middle doing anything 'funky', or just pretty bog standard?
Are the clients configured to accept any dhcp response, or are they
locked down in any way?

If the ethernet port is flapping according to the client, it may make
new requests when the link comes back up each time..
If a client sees a gratuitous arp or packet from another host with the
same IP address, it may drop the lease and request a new one..

It sounds like it works though, they get the IP, but just keep asking
when they don't need to (before dhcp lease expiry) ??