[c-nsp] Embeded Packet Capture for DHCP Troubleshooting

Heath Jones hj1980 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 12:12:10 EDT 2010

Well I think your on the right track with the packet capture then.
It looks as if the client either never sees the dhcp proposal, or the
proposal itself is unacceptable to the client. (there are more
potential issues, but only when there is more than 1 dhcp server)

so for the access list:
access-list 100 permit udp any any eq bootps
access-list 100 permit udp any any eq bootpc

as a good comparison, you can use working dhcp packet captures on the
net (search for wireshark sample captures).

cheers