[c-nsp] Weird Traceroute Issue to Specific Destination

Heath Jones hj1980 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 12:59:07 EDT 2010

So far, it's got me stumped! Put some port mirroring and capture from
that 6500 perhaps..
My mind is hovering somewhere around ttl / forward path being ok, but
return broken for some reason.. but I don't think it will have any
success.
Its worth checking (as Brian said) 'show ip cef exact-route' (it's not
mpls specific). Based on the info so far, the forward path seems ok.

Some people have 'passive' security related devices sitting in the
middle that they don't tell anyone about - is that a possibility in
your network?

I'll let you know if I have further thoughts, but good luck with it!!