[c-nsp] Weird Traceroute Issue to Specific Destination

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Tue Sep 21 15:48:13 EDT 2010

Ok... so here's the latest.

I put a static route at our Internet edge - we redistribute static into OSPF
so now this /32 destination is able to be seen in the routing table (other
than the default originated route).  This solves the issue if I statically
assign it the next hop (which is their ISP that we peer directly with via
LINX exchange point).  I don't like this solution though because if there
was ever an issue with the static next-hop it would never fail over ... plus
I don't see *why* I should have to do this in order to find the problem ;)

I pulled the static out and same problem re-occurs... any thoughts?

Thanks,

Paul