[c-nsp] Nexus vpc port channels between 5Ks and 7Ks

Lincoln Dale ltd at cisco.com
Sun Sep 26 18:14:47 EDT 2010

On 27/09/2010, at 1:44 AM, scott owens wrote:
> The reasoning to want to run parallel paths is that with a cable/gbic
> failure the traffic will not flow in the VDC/VPC/multichannel etherchannel
> fashion but rather will end up traversing links between the 7Ks and 5Ks in
> an "odd" fashion.

you can cable it any which way you prefer and any/all modules.  there are no restrictions.

our recommendation would be that for a single portchannel you DO use both X2 modules on the N7K, furthermore for a single N5K you use vPC from N7K to N5K such that it connects into both N7Ks.
this way you could have single transceiver/port/module/switch failure and still not have traffic impacted.

if you wish to make the connectivity an upside down U rather than cross-connect then you can do so - but if you had

cheers,

lincoln.