[c-nsp] ISR G2 performance

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Mon Sep 27 12:41:16 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-27 at 11:33 -0400, Keegan Holley wrote:
> I'm a little annoyed by their stance though.  I just want them to make a
> recommendation that I can use instead of trying to fill my head with
> marketing nonsense.

I personally don't see "routerperformance.pdf" as marketing nonsense. It
gives you a basic figure to work with and makes it possible to compare
different platforms.

Of course a set of standard cases could be documented, e.g. "simple NAT,
one inside and one outside interface" or "simple LLQ with this specific
configuration". But one man's standard setup is an exotic setup for many
of his colleagues.

If Cisco were to announce "best case" forwarding figures, I would call
that marketing nonsense. :-)

--
Peter