[c-nsp] Nexus evolution

Quinn Snyder snyderq at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 14:08:32 EDT 2010

we are deploying them in ~50 sites (mix of 7010, 7018). smattering of
5k/2248 when needed. using them in a collapsed core (agg, core vdc
model) to replace existing 650x/sup720 cores.
running light services (eigrp, qos, multicast) but using vpc to
provide full redundancy between 45xx/65xx closets.
seemed like a decent choice based on lifecycle and the release of 5.0
for the 7k.  does what we need it to do and redundancy is there.
still feels rough, but nowhere like it used to be.

q.

-= sent via iphone. please excuse spelling, grammar, and brevity =-