[c-nsp] How to bring one link down if another related link goes down

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Tue Sep 28 04:47:23 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-27 at 17:12 -0600, John Neiberger wrote:
> We have two ten gig links between a pair of 7600s. For a couple of
> reasons, if one goes down we need the other to go down automatically
> in order to force traffic to take a completely different path instead
> of trying to cram all of our traffic down the remaining link.

Apart from what others have said, this might also be of some use:

interface TenGigabitEthernet1/3
 description Primary interface
 link state group 1 upstream
!
interface TenGigabitEthernet1/1
 description Dependent/secondary interface
 link state group 1 downstream
!
link state track 1
!

Beware though that:

 - Te1/3 going down will shut Te1/1, but also unshut again when it comes
   up. This might not be what you want.

 - The dependency is one way only.

--
Peter