[c-nsp] Multicast replication over GRE on 7600s

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 12:34:14 EDT 2010

Now that I think about it, I bet that egress mode isn't allowed in
this scenario. It would make sense that only ingress mode would work,
that way the ingress Janus/Metro would take care of replicating out to
all the receivers, including the GRE tunnel. I'm having trouble
visualizing how that would work in egress mode.

It was worth checking into, though. We have a situation where this
might be useful temporarily. But since we're running egress on our
7600s, moving back to ingress is just not an option.

Once again, thanks for your help!
John