[c-nsp] IPv6 and Cat 6500

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Sep 30 05:17:58 EDT 2010

On (2010-09-30 10:08 +0200), Lukasz Bromirski wrote:

> Both Sup32 and Sup720 do support IPv6 in hardware, as it's function
> of PFC to store FIB and forward traffic.

Two things to watch for in EARL7.x.

ACL
  It can only do /128 lookup, if no L4 lookups are used in any ACL. This is
  the default way it works. Optionally you can configure it to do L4
  lookups also, in which case you can only do /88 lookups, not anything
  which is more specific (128b-16b src port-16b dst port-8b flags)

uRPF
  Not supported at all.

I'm sure there are others, likely multicast related, but can't pull other
significant things out of my head right now. I think those are the biggest
thing anyhow.

--
  ++ytti