[c-nsp] Questions Regarding Cisco 3750 switches

tim tim at haitabu.net
Mon Apr 4 13:22:50 EDT 2011

On 04.04.2011 6:52 PM, Drew Weaver wrote:
 > First, can you enable auto-negotiate on the 10/100/1000 ports that
 > will only allow the host to negotiate 10/100 unless you want them to
 > negotiate 10/100/1000?

At least I can configure it:

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/8
  speed auto 10 100
!

switch(config-if)#speed auto 10 100 ?
   1000  Include 1000 Mbps in auto-negotiation advertisement

And here says somebody that it should work:
http://cmdcisco.com/cisco-3750/speed-catalyst-3750-switch-command-reference-12225sea

 > I believe there is a command in some 10/100/1000 switches that limits
 > the maximum negotiation speed to 100Mbps or 10Mbps without having to
 > set the speed/duplex manually.
 >
 > Second, is there any way with a switch like this to alter the port
 > number?
 >
 > instead of GigabitEthernet0/1 it would be GigabitEthernet1/1? I know
 > this seems trivial but some custom written software for whatever
 > reason starts counting at 1/1 and goes to 1/48 (probably because it
 > was made for 6500s)

The Switch numbers on a WS-C3750G-24TS are GigabitEthernet 1/0/1-28,
with 1-24 are RJ45 and 25-28 SFP ports.

Cheers,
	Tim