[c-nsp] DDoS Attack detection and elimination suggestions

Lee Starnes lee.t.starnes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 12:47:22 EDT 2011

Thanks to all that provided feedback on this. Very helpful.

We have also chosen to take the path up upgrading our 12008 routers to 12406
routers. Aside from the older engine line cards, is there anything else we
should look out for? Any particular versions of IOS-XR to stay away from?
These will be used as service provider edge routers. All interfaces will be
either Gigabit or 10 Gigabit. There will be between 5 and 7 IPv4/IPv6 peers
on each. Some are direct peers and others eBGP multi-hop.

Thanks again.

Lee.

Any