[c-nsp] Two Cores connected to same eBGP AS

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Fri Apr 8 16:12:52 EDT 2011

It depends on your environment, but yes it is safe to connect two internal
routers to the same upstream AS.  You should also configure iBGP or HSRP (but
usually not both)
  to control outbound traffic to AS xyz.  I would also avoid redistributing
BGP into your IGP or vice versa.  You should statically configure what is
advertised into BGP and probably send a default or a subset of routes into
your AS internal routers.  Something like this should really be tuned to
your specific use case though.  garbage in garbage out...