[c-nsp] ASR1k Multiple QoS Policy support on physical and logic interfaces

Stack, Stephen (Citco) sstack at citco.com
Sat Apr 9 05:04:25 EDT 2011

Just wondering, does or did anyone have an issue with the Multiple QoS Policy support on physical and logic interfaces on ASR1ks. It appears that when we apply Service-policies on GRE tunnels and on the physical interface of which the GRE tunnels are sourced the following happens

Either, I get the following error when trying to apply a service-policy to a GRE tunnel.
The policy-map was reported as suspended under Tunnel interface. After removing the policy-map and trying to configure it back the error message was reported
"user-defined classes with queueing features are not allowed in a service-policy at sub-interface/pvc/service-group in conjunction with user-defined classes with queueing features in a service-policy at sub-interface/pvc/pvp"

Else, if the service-polices are applied to the tunnels before one is applied to the Phsyical interface and you do a 'show policy-map interface' - all of the GRE tunnels polices are 'suspended'

TAC tell us it's normal behavior for the ASR1Ks. Anyone come across it or work around it?

Cheers

Stephen

Disclaimer link.  To see it, click the link below, or copy and paste it into your browser's address line.
http://www.citco.com/emaildisclaimer.htm