[c-nsp] Old catalyst 6k 10/100 RJ45 cards.

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Thu Apr 14 08:59:47 EDT 2011

On Wednesday, March 30, 2011 02:29:23 PM Lamar Owen wrote:
> Good afternoon list.
>
> I'm trying to find a document describing, concisely, the differences between the old 'classic' 6148-RJ45 10/100 48 port card and the 6248-RJ45 and 6348-RJ45.

I've received a number of private replies, and some good information, thanks.

I plan to summarize when I have time to do so, but the nutshell summary is 6348 is most desireable of these three cards; just so happens I have more of them anyway.

Oddly enough, 6348's on eBay go for less than 6148's (the non-GE TX variety, although I watched a 6148GE-TX go for $20.50+S&H yesterday.....thought about bidding on it, but I figured that the person who bid had probably bid a higher max bid than I was willing to pay, at least for that card, and watching that card go for that price was somewhat satisfying in a twisted way....).