[c-nsp] Sftp Hanging Cisco 3660 (HSRP active)

Bunny Singh jump2fly82 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 12:48:19 EDT 2011

	I'm having a problem with incoming SfTP hanging.  I can see the

initial handshake occuring but directory listing not coming and giving timeout, Users trying access our sftp server from public, I am getting the possitive resulting by running (using 'telnet <servername> 22'). But when i try to connect sftp from command prompt or through Filezilla then i am getting time out and no directory showing. This is happening only when my 3660 is a active hsrp router, and same sftp service will work fine when my 4948 is active hsrp router.

Actually I'm running two cisco devices (One is  3660 & second is 4948 with BGP peering with 2 ISPs. we are running HSRP. I have web servers behind these routers and they seem to be behaving just fine.  I'm at a loss as to what could be causing this problem.  I've put known good sftp server on the same network and had the same issue with it as well.  When I trying to connect through our native network ,it works fine, no delay after the initial handshake.   Any ideas as to what could be causing this or what I should look at?

Regards
Singh