[c-nsp] 2950 and multicast, a cpu issue?

arulgobinath emmanuel arulgobi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 10:40:10 EDT 2011

Hi,

I don't have any idea reading IP Multicast Dat
But this is consuming only ~5% according to your report .
Can you post following output so we can isolate whether  high cpu due to
packet interrupt or processes.
show proc cpu | exc 0.00%  0.00%  0.00%
CPU utilization for five seconds: 7%/2% *( Interrupt/process)*; one minute:
7%; five minutes: 7%

can you see any correlation with data rate with high processing (during the
time span) ?

Best Regards,
Gobinath.